Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 06:55:15 -0700
To: telemetry@seds.org, "M. Wakita" [je9pel@jamsat.or.jp]
From: "Dennis Ray Wingo" [wingod@mailcity.com]
Cc: Chris.Bond@oarcorp.com, chrisl@seds.org, wingod@mailcity.com,
    jkrupert@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: SEDSAT telemetry 13,15

>Thank you to many informations on CDS and SEASIS Boot.
>What are the initials of these words 'CDS and SEASIS' ?
>And what is the work of CDS ?

Mineo

The Acronym CDS stands for the Command Data System.  This is the
system controller board and consists of an Intel 80C186 embedded
microprocessor running UAH developed tasks under Harold Price's SCOS
(Spacecraft Operating System).

The Acronym SEASIS (Pronounced SEA-SIS) stands for the SEDS Earth
Atmosphere and Space Imaging System. The Term SEDS stands for the
Students for the Exploration and Development of Space.

The CDS controls the power system and interfaces to the SEASIS Image
processor and the transponders.

Thanks again for your kind assistance.

Dennis

-----