[jamsat-news:3647] [ans] AMSAT News Service Special Bulletin - AO-92 Remaining in U/v For Potential Emergency Traffic

JoAnne K9JKM via ANS ans @ amsat.org
2019年 9月 30日 (月) 05:42:13 JST

AMSAT NEWS SERVICE SPECIAL BULLETIN
ANS-272.02

In this edition:

* AO-92 Remaining in U/v For Potential Emergency Traffic

SB SAT @ AMSAT $ANS-272.02
ANS-272 AMSAT News Service Special Bulletin

AMSAT News Service Bulletin 272.02
 From AMSAT HQ KENSINGTON, MD.
DATE September 29, 2019
To All RADIO AMATEURS
BID: $ANS-272.02

Drew Glasbrenner, KO4MA, AMSAT VP Operations has received a request
from amateurs involved with emergency communications in the Azores,
requesting we forego L/v operation on AO-92 this week.

Hurricane Lorenzo is expected to pass through the Azores as a Cate-
gory 4 storm Tuesday and Wednesday, and they are requesting AO-92
remain in U/v for potential emergency traffic. Please be aware of
and yield to any emergency traffic, on any satellite, coming from
the area during this time. Passes covering the Azores and Portugal
are the most critical.

We realize that there have been a few moves and cancellations for
this mode recently, and I ask for understanding and cooperation.
Emergency use is always first priority, and AMSAT is happy to assist
in any way we can.

[ANS thanks Drew Glasbrenner, KO4MA, AMSAT VP Operations for the
  above information]

/EX