[jamsat-news:3598] [ans] ANS-069 AMSAT News Service Weekly Bulletins

Paul Stoetzer via ANS ans @ amsat.org
2019年 3月 10日 (日) 09:00:15 JST

AMSAT NEWS SERVICE
ANS-069

The AMSAT News Service bulletins are a free, weekly news and
information service of AMSAT North America, The Radio
Amateur Satellite Corporation.  ANS publishes news related to Amateur
Radio in space including reports on the activities of a worldwide
group of Amateur Radio operators who share an active interest in
designing, building, launching and communicating through analog and
digital Amateur Radio satellites.

The news feed on http://amsat.org publishes news of Amateur Radio
in space as soon as our volunteers can post it.

Please send any amateur satellite news or reports to:
ans-editor at amsat dot org.

In this edition:

* Out of This World Auction Sponsored by ARISS
* AMSAT-F Space Meeting is First Live DATV Conference via QO-100
* GNU Licensed KLog Logbook Software v.0.9.7 Released
* How to Support AMSAT
* Upcoming Satellite Operations
* Satellite Shorts from All Over

SB SAT @ AMSAT $ANS-069.01
ANS-069 AMSAT News Service Weekly Bulletins

AMSAT News Service Bulletin 034.01
>From AMSAT HQ KENSINGTON, MD.
March 10, 2019
To All RADIO AMATEURS
BID: $ANS-069.01

March 6, 2019  — The ARISS-US team (Amateur Radio on the International
Space Station) will auction two very unusual items in its first-ever
auction!  Picture yourself as the winning bidder and proud owner of a
unique JVC Kenwood TS-890S signed by astronauts!  Or, you could be top
bidder on a special astronaut-signed 6-volume boxed set 2019 ARRL
Handbook!

Bidding starts April 8th at 12:00 UTC and ends April 14th at 22:00 UTC.

You could own this one-of-a-kind beautiful Kenwood TS-890S; your ham
station would boast the only Kenwood in the world showcasing astronaut
signatures.  Your top bid on the limited edition boxed-set 2019 ARRL
Handbook for Radio Communications would mean your bookshelf includes
astronaut signatures among your book collection.

JVC Kenwood, a proud supporter of ARISS, generously gave a brand new
TS-890S for ARISS to auction.  They first offered the radio for sale
in the US in the last half of 2018.  Kenwood has been a super support-
er of ARISS for years, and it was the company’s idea for this radio,
with astronaut signatures, to be an exclusive that just one ham opera-
tor could own! The company hopes you’ll be a bidder who wants to sup-
port ARISS.

The limited edition 2019 ARRL Handbook for Radio Communications sold
out fast once ARRL posted their ad.  It was the first time that ARRL
divided the Handbook into volumes, which nestle in a hard slipcase.
ARRL, an ARISS sponsor along with AMSAT and NASA, saved back one boxed
set to give ARISS for the fund-raiser auction.

When you bid in this auction you could be the crucial person who helps
ARISS launch its new custom-built higher-power radio system in 2019
with its voice repeater and improved packet APRS and SSTV capability
that thousands of hams enjoy. The new system will replace the aging,
problematic units currently on the ISS.  You may be the winning bidder
who helps ARISS continue introducing ham radio to thousands of
students, teachers, parents, and whole communities—and inspiring
students about science, technology, engineering, math, and radio!

Don't forget; set yourself a reminder: bidding starts April 8th at
12:00 UTC and ends April 14th at 22:00 UTC.

Be the winning bidder for one or both of these two exclusive offerings
and you’ll own a rare article that makes your ham station a classic!
More auction details will soon be posted at www.ariss.org including
that winning bidders will be responsible for shipping costs and for
handling any required customs paperwork.  ARISS thanked JVC Kenwood
and ARRL for their generous support.

And if you don’t do auctions, please contribute a donation to help
ARISS launch its new radio system into space—look for the Donate but-
ton near the top right corner of the www.ariss.org page.  Thank you!

About ARISS

Amateur Radio on the International Space Station (ARISS) is a coopera-
tive venture of international amateur radio societies and the space
agencies that support the International Space Station (ISS).  In the
United States, sponsors are the Radio Amateur Satellite Corporation (
AMSAT), the American Radio Relay League (ARRL), the Center for the
Advancement of Science in space (CASIS) and National Aeronautics and
Space Administration (NASA). The primary goal of ARISS is to promote
exploration of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics
(STEM) topics by organizing scheduled contacts via amateur radio
between crew members aboard the ISS and students in classrooms or
public forms. Before and during these radio contacts, students, educa-
tors, parents, and communities learn about space, space technologies,
and amateur radio. For more information, see www.ariss.org.

Media Contact:
Dave Jordan, AA4KN
ARISS PR
aa4kn at amsat.org

[ANS thanks ARISS for the above information]

AMSAT-F Space Meeting is First Live DATV Conference via QO-100

AMSAT-Francophone offered live DATV video of their 2nd Space
Meeting on March 9-10, 2019. AMSAT-F (http://site.amsat-f.org/)
and Electrolab (https://www.electrolab.fr/) have deployed a DATV
ground station to operate via the QO-100 transponder.

The DATV team led by Yannick Avelino and with the support of Evariste,
F5OEO developed the station that will transmit live the conference.
The team was in contact with AMSAT-DL and AMSAT-UK for permission
to operate the satellite during these days. They thank AMSAT-DL for
allowing these transmissions.

[ANS thanks AMSAT-Francophone for the above information]

+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
             2019 marks AMSAT’s 50th Anniversary
              of Keeping Amateur Radio in Space.
           To help celebrate, we are sponsoring the
            AMSAT 50th Anniversary Awards Program.
                Full details are available at
    https://www.amsat.org/amsat-50th-anniversary-awards-program/
+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+

GNU Licensed KLog Logbook Software v.0.9.7 Released

Jaime, EA4TV, released KLog v.0.9.7, a multiplatform free hamradio
logging program which is able to run in Linux, Windows and macOS.
The latest release allows the user to add, remove or edit satel-
lites to the KLog DB allowing import or export of satellites data.
KLog supports ADIF as a default file format.

Additional features of KLog include QSO management, QSL management,
a DX-Cluster client, DXCC management, ClubLog integration, WSJT-X,
and DX-Marathon support. Several languages are supported including
Catalan, Croatian, Danish, English, Finish, Italian, Japanese and
Spanish.

Additional information and access to downloads can be found at:
https://www.klog.xyz/

[ANS thanks Jaime, EA4TV for the above information]

+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
          Purchase AMSAT Gear on our Zazzle storefront.
          25% of the purchase price of each product goes
            towards Keeping Amateur Radio in Space
              https://www.zazzle.com/amsat_gear
+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+

How to Support AMSAT

AMSAT relies on the support of our members and the amateur radio
community to Keep Amateur Radio in Space.

How can you help?

*Join AMSAT
 Both you and AMSAT will benefit when you join. You get the AMSAT
 Journal bimonthly and support from AMSAT Ambassadors. Member dues
 and donations provide AMSAT’s primary support.
 Join today at
 https://www.amsat.org/product-category/amsat-membership/

*Become a Life Member
 Becoming a Life Member has never been easier. Now you can become a
 Life Member with 12 monthly payments of $74 through our online
 store.
 See https://www.amsat.org/product/lifetime-membership/ for details.

*Donate to AMSAT
 Make a one time or recurring donation to AMSAT today. Even as little
 as one dollar a month can make a difference!
 Donate today at https://www.amsat.org/donate/

*Purchase AMSAT gear on our Zazzle storefront.
 AMSAT receives 25%  of the price of each sale on AMSAT logo
 merchandise from our Zazzle storefront located at
 https://www.zazzle.com/amsat_gear

*Volunteer for AMSAT
 AMSAT relies on volunteers for nearly all of our activities. If you
 have an idea for how to help, please let us know, Details on
 volunteering can be found at
 https://www.amsat.org/volunteer-for-amsat/

[ANS thanks AMSAT Executive Vice President Paul Stoetzer, N8HM, for
the above information.]

+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+

    AMSAT and ARISS are currently supporting a FundRazr campaign
    to raise $150,000 for critical radio infrastructure upgrades
    on ISS. The upgrades are necessary to enable students to
    continue to talk to astronauts in space via Amateur Radio.
     We have reached a great milestone with $17,255 raised
    or about 12% towards our goal. This would not have been
         possible without your outstanding generosity!!

          For more information and to DONATE TODAY visit:

     https://fundrazr.com/arissnextgen?ref=ab_e7Htwa_ab_47IcJ9

+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+

Upcoming Satellite Operations

+Eureka Nunavut (ER60, EQ79)
February 3, to March 29, 2019
Eureka ARC, VY0ERC, will be QRV from Eureka, NU (NA-008), February 3
until March 29, 2019.  Time and weather permitting, they expect to be
on the FM satellites from ER60 and EQ79.  Announcements will be posted
on Twitter at https://twitter.com/vy0erc.

+Poland, Lithuania, Kaliningrad, St Petersburg, Aland Island,
and Finland
February 24 to March 13, 2019
I am on the first of four flights now on the way for another one of
my signature trips. This voyage will take me to Poland (Feb 24-28),
Lithuania (Feb 28-Mar 4), Kaliningrad (Mar 4-7), Saint Petersburg
(Mar 7-11), Åland Islands (Mar 11-13), and Helsinki (Mar 13-14).
I think the most desired entities are going to be UA2 and OH0
(unfortunately OH0 is gonna be quick, get in in the evening and
leave in a morning, so two nights and one full day). I’m hoping to
make US contacts from every entity and will try to hit as many grids
as feasible (I’ll have a car in Vilnius and Kaliningrad), but good
transatlantic locations will take precedence over grids. Don’t expect
me on every pass, I’m traveling with family and we’ll be doing
touristy stuff, but I’ll make my best effort to be on the great AO-7
and FO-29 passes across the ocean, updates will be on Twitter
@AL6D_Alaska. I’m operating ninja portable like the good ole days,
QRP with two FT-817NDs and an arrow, hopefully that doesn’t attract
too much negative attention from customs in Russia.
73,
Gabe “Harambe” Zeifman
AL6D/VE6NJH/Harambe1

+France (JN07)
March 10, 2019
Jérôme, F4DXV, will be in JN07 on Sunday with his family.  Due to the
rarity of this grid on amateur satellites, Jérôme hopes to be on the
16:55 utc AO-7 pass for South American and North American grid
chasers.  Being part of a family trip, keep an eye on Jérôme’s Twitter
feed for updates:  https://twitter.com/F4DXV

[ANS Thanks Robert Bankston, KE4AL, for the above information]

+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
       For a limited time, new and renewing AMSAT members
              will receive a free digital copy of
            "Getting Started with Amateur Satellites"
          Join or renew your AMSAT membership today at
     https://www.amsat.org/product-category/amsat-membership/
+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+

Satellite Shorts from All Over

+ AMSAT has secured permission to redistribute orbital data provided
  by the US Department of Defense Joint Force Space Component
  Commander for another year. Thanks to the work of Ray Hoad, WA5QGD
  and Perry Klein, W3PK, the world's best source of orbital elements
  for amateur radio satellites will continue via the KEPS mailing
  list and www.amsat.org/tle/
+ Eduardo, PY2RN, in Brazil reports working RAST club station HS0AJ in
  Bangkok, Thailand via QO-100. The distance between PY2RN in GG66lw
  and HS0AJ in OK03fp is 16,445.3 km.
  (Via PY2RN on the AMSAT Facebook page)
+ A new distance record was claimed on IO-86's FM transponder: 5,157
  km. PU4JOE in GH91ac <> @hp2vx in FJ09ga. 02-Mar-2019 at 17:25 UTC
  https://www.amsat.org/satellite-distance-records/
  (Via N8HM)
+ Radio World has published an article about amateur radio and ARISS
  by Brian Clark, KF6FES. Read it at https://tinyurl.com/ANS-069-RW
+ K5EM has added a zoomable grid map on his satmatch.com site:
  https://www.satmatch.com/maiden
  It works like the other google maps - the more you zoom in
  the more detail you get.
  (Via K5EM)
+ JAMSAT has posted a video demonstrating the FO-99(NEXUS) Digitalker.
  View it at https://tinyurl.com/ANS-069-FO99
  (via JAMSAT)
+ In ANS-061, it was reported that the University of Virginia's
  CubeSat constellation due for launch next month will carry UHF
  packet repeaters. However, due to licensing issues, the satellites
  will operate in non-amateur spectrum at 401 MHz. KQ9P, from the UVA
  team reports that they are hopeful that their next CubeSat project
  will carry an amateur payload.
  (via KQ9P)

/EX

In addition to regular membership, AMSAT offers membership in the
President's Club. Members of the President's Club, as sustaining
donors to AMSAT Project Funds, will be eligible to receive
additional benefits. Application forms are available from the
AMSAT office.

Primary and secondary school students are eligible for membership at
one-half the standard yearly rate. Post-secondary school students
enrolled in at least half time status shall be eligible for the
student rate for a maximum of six post-secondary years in this
status.

Contact Martha at the AMSAT office for additional student
membership information.

73,

This week's ANS Editor,

Paul Stoetzer, N8HM