[jamsat-news:3378] [ans] ANS-227 AMSAT News Service Weekly Bulletins

Lee McLamb ku4os @ cfl.rr.com
2016年 8月 14日 (日) 16:36:57 JST

AMSAT NEWS SERVICE
ANS-227

The AMSAT News Service bulletins are a free, weekly news and infor-
mation service of AMSAT North America, The Radio Amateur Satellite
Corporation. ANS publishes news related to Amateur Radio in Space
including reports on the activities of a worldwide group of Amateur
Radio operators who share an active interest in designing, building,
launching and communicating through analog and digital Amateur Radio
satellites.

The news feed on http://www.amsat.org publishes news of Amateur
Radio in Space as soon as our volunteers can post it.

Please send any amateur satellite news or reports to:
ans-editor at amsat.org.

In this edition:

* Special Callsigns From Brazil During Olympic Games
* Satellite DX News
* Receive Pictures from Space – ISS SSTV August 15-16
* July/August AMSAT Journal in the Mail
* AMSAT-SA Partnership Announced to Develop QB50 nSight-1 Groundstation
* P4A Es'hailSat Geostationary Satellite Launch Re-Scheduled

SB SAT @ AMSAT $ANS-227.01
ANS-227 AMSAT News Service Weekly Bulletins

AMSAT News Service Bulletin 227.01
  From AMSAT HQ Kensington, MD.
August 14, 2016
To All RADIO AMATEURS
BID: $ANS-227.01

Special Callsigns From Brazil During Olympic Games

Members of the Liga de Amadores Brasileiros de Radio Emissao (LABRE) will be
active with the special call ZV2016RIO from Rio de Janeiro between Aug. 5
and 21. QRV on 160-2m (except 30m) on CW, SSB, FM, PSK, and D-Star, as well
as via satellites. QSL via PY1AA.

Henrique/PP5NY operates with the call PX2016RIO in the context of the
Olympic Games on HF (CW only). QSL via PP5NY (d/B), LoTW.

The following special event calls will also be active while the Games run:
ZV8R, ZV8I, ZV8O, ZV8D, ZV8E, ZV8J, ZV8A, and ZV8WN. QSOs count towards the
award RIO 2016. QSL via bureau, ClubLog. See:
http://www.labre-rr.org/olimpiadasrio2016.html

[ANS thanks DXNL 2000 - August 3, 2016 DX Newsletter which is a free and
weekly service of
DARC Committee "DX and HF contesting". It is noted that this 2000th issue of
the DX Newsletter reflects continuous coverage over 62 years.
Congratulations, thank you, and 73]

Satellite DX News

CY9C ST. PAUL ISLAND DXPEDITION (Update, dated August 2nd). Randy, N0TG,
reports on the upcoming CY9C operation for August 19-29th [edited]: The
CY9C DXpedition team is very busy with last minute details and packing.
All equipment will begin the journey to our take off point in Nova Scotia,
August 13-14th.  We plan to be partially on the air on 19th August and
fully operational 20th August. The home page of our website has a link
for those who desire to check the log. Log data will be posted LIVE. We
will be using ClubLog and OQRS. Direct QSL via WA4DAN.

Activating 60m for the first time from St. Paul is exciting for the
team. And, while conditions will be a challenge for 160m, the team is
energized to give it a serious effort. Also, be assured we will pay
attention to the long and/or difficult propagation paths on all bands
when conditions are workable. We look forward to working not only the
more common bands CW/SSB/RTTY, but also 6m, 2m EME and Satellite.

We appreciate the donations and support by many. Even now in these
last days, support is most helpful and appreciated. Our sincere thanks
to all interested and following this DXpedition. We look forward to
working you. Thank you. The WEB site: http://www.CY9DXpedition.com

(Update, dated August 2nd). Randy, N0TG, reports: First cargo ship-
ment packed and ready to go. Shipment from NY to northern tip of Nova
Scotia is scheduled for Aug 11th. Next shipment will be from Ohio/Indiana
and will ship August 13th. Destination is the take off-point - Dingwall,
Nova Scotia. Team members will arrive in Dingwall between August 14-17th.
Early arrivals will begin preparation for final transport to the island.

SATELLITE GRIDS ROAD TRIP. Ron, N8RO, reports that he "will start a road
trip on Thursday, August 11th. The trip will head north to OK, KS, NE, SD,
ND and SK. We will then head west on the Trans Canadian Highway to AB & BC.
  From BC we will go to WA, MT, WY, CO and then work our way home to TX on
Friday, August 26th. While the trip is primarily a vacation, I will attempt
to make satellite contacts, hopefully one or two a day, on XW-2C, AO-85,
SO-50 and FO-29 along the way. Possible grid activations include: EM03/04,
EN00/01, EN04/05, DN88/89, DO50/60, DO11/21, CO90, CN99, CN78/88, CN97/96,
DN36/37, DN75/76, DN71 and DM95. I hope to contact many of you during this
trip."

[ANS thanks the Ohio/Penn DX Bulletin No. 1277 for the above information]

Receive Pictures from Space – ISS SSTV August 15-16

The ARRL reports Slow-scan television (SSTV) transmissions will be made
from the
International Space Station (ISS) on August 15-16, 2016.

The MAI-75 Experiment will transmit SSTV images on 145.800 MHz FM over the
course of a few orbits as the space station passes over Moscow. Operators in
Europe and South America will have the best chances to receive images.
Operators
along the US East Coast may have one chance on August 16.

Thanks to Kenneth Ransom, N5VHO, ISS Ham Project Coordinator

[ANS thanks AMSAT-UK for the above information]

July/August AMSAT Journal in the Mail

The July/August 2016 issue of The AMSAT Journal has gone to press and
should be arriving in member's mailboxes soon.

In this issue:
* Apogee View by Barry Baines, WD4ASW
* Engineering Update by Jerry Buxton, N0JY
* Member Footprints by Fernando Ramirez-Ferrer, NP4JV
* AMSAT Field Day Results by Bruce Paige, KK5DO
* Digital Microwave Communications in Amateur Radio Satellites by
    Michelle Thompson, W5NYV and Robert McGwier, N4HY
* QRV from PJ2 by Michael Lipp, HB9WDF
* Protecting Satellites and Ground Stations from EMP and CME by Joe
    Kornowski, KB6IGK
* Aboard the Queen Mary, W6RO, on AO-7 by Patrick Stoddard, WD9EWK
* Big Science / Amateur Budget by Eric Nichols, KL7AJ
* Goodbye to a Good Man and Former AMSAT President by Robert McGwier, N4HY

[ANS thanks Paul, N8HM, for the above information]

AMSAT-SA Partnership Announced to Develop QB50 nSight-1 Groundstation

SCS Space (a subsidiary of the privately owned South African SCS Aerospace
group) partnered with AMSAT SA to assist with internationally
distributed ground
station facilities for their up and coming QB50 satellite, "nSight-1".
The use
of multiple ground stations will multiply the downloaded science and
imagery (32
m resolution) data generated by the satellite. QB50 is a constellation of 50
CubeSats that will be launched into a low earth orbit to study the
earth's lower
thermosphere. QB50 will provide multi-point, in-situ measurements. Each
satellite will carry one of three science sensors that will generate
data that
must be downloaded to the ground daily.

This is a unique opportunity for Radio Amateurs in South Africa to
participate
in an interesting satellite project. To participate please send details
of your
station, such as transceiver and antennas available as well as your
location to
saamsat @ intekom.co.za. The next step will be to participate in a briefing
session that will be conducted on Skype in two weeks' time. More details on
www.amsatsa.org.za.

  -----

AMSAT-SA SDR Development Conversation

The next AMSAT SDR Conversation takes place on Wednesday 24 August. The
second
AMSAT SDR Conversation was held last Wednesday when a basic mind-map to
develop
a SDR transponder was proposed and discussed. During the next two weeks, the
participants will populate the mind-map, which will be discussed at the
next SDR
Conversation on Wednesday 24 August. For more information and how to
take part
in the conversation, visit www.amsatsa.org.za.

[ANS thanks the South African Radio League News for Sunday 14 August
2016 for
the above information]

P4A Es'hailSat Geostationary Satellite Launch Re-Scheduled

AMSAT Deutschland reported that the P-4A transponder on the Es'hail-2 is
re-scheduled for launch in Q3 2017.

Peter Guelzow, DB2OS, wrote, "We have been informed by Es'hailSat Qatar
Satellite company, that the launch of Es'hail-2 with the first P4-A
geostationary amateur radio transponder is shifted to Q3/2017."

[ANS thanks AMSAT-DL for the above information]

/EX

In addition to regular membership, AMSAT offers membership in the
President's Club. Members of the President's Club, as sustaining
donors to AMSAT Project Funds, will be eligible to receive addi-
tional benefits. Application forms are available from the AMSAT
Office.

Primary and secondary school students are eligible for membership
at one-half the standard yearly rate. Post-secondary school students
enrolled in at least half time status shall be eligible for the stu-
dent rate for a maximum of 6 post-secondary years in this status.
Contact Martha at the AMSAT Office for additional student membership
information.

73,
This week's ANS Editor,
Lee McLamb, KU4OS