[jamsat-news:3109] AMSAT-UKでのAMSAT-DLからの報告「DLR rejects P5-/Mascot-2 project」

JAMSAT-NEWS,購読のみなさま
アマチュア高軌道衛星に関心をお持ちのみなさま

先週ロンドン近郊で開催されたAMSAT-UKコロキウムで、AMSAT-DL会長DB2OS PeterさんがP5A/P3Eの現状について報告されています。
報告のビデオ画像(英語約45分)が、下記サイトで見られます。

The 16:9 HD video of the AMSAT-DL presentation given by Peter Guelzow
DB2OS to the AMSAT-UK International Space Colloquium can be downloaded from
http://www.batc.tv/vod/AMSAT%20session%204.flv
Alternatively it can be viewed online by following these steps:
- Go to http://www.batc.tv/
- Click on “Film Archive”
- Select “AMSAT 2012″ in the Category box and click on Select Category
- Select “04  AMSAT-DL” in the Stream box and click on Select Stream
- Click the play button on the video player window

AMSAT-DLからの公式発表の英文と日本語訳を、以下に紹介します。(組織名や肩 書、交渉のニュアンスにつきましては、英文あるいはオリジナ ルのドイツ語版 を参照下さい。)

Phase-5Aの提案がドイツDLRから却下され、結果として、それに伴い打上げを期 待していたPhase-3Eも、現在のところ頓挫してい る、との内容です。P3E打ち上 げ機会およびHEOへのトランスポンダー相乗りの機会の探索は継続されています。

今後の対応はJAMSAT理事会でも検討しますが、今後ともご支援をお願いします。
JA3GEP 毛利幹生 JAMSAT

----------
DLR rejects P5-/Mascot-2 project

Dear Members and Friends of AMSAT-DL,

Discussions with the German Ministry of Economics and the German space agency DLR spanned more than 5 years. Amongst others, we met with State Secretary for Space and Aerospace Hinze, DLR chairman Prof. Wrner and the DLR Program Board. In 2009 AMSAT-DL, in collaboration with the DLR Institute for Space Systems in Bremen, conducted two complex Concurrent Engineering studies. They were jointly presented to the DLR program board in Kln-Porz in 2010. The final documentation confirmed the feasibility of the P5 project, both to the Moon and to Mars.

In October and November 2011 another two P5 meetings with DLR chairman Prof. Wrner, Ministry MinDirig Engelhard, representatives of DLR IRS Bremen and AMSAT-DL BOD took place. Topics were feasibility and financing model. It turned out that the ministry had a different perception of the (DLR-) payloads. DLR was asked to reconsider their payloads. Both AMSAT-DL BOD and IRS Bremen left the meetings with positive feelings.

Then it turned out that, since completion of the 2009 joint study, the P5 scientific appeal is apparently no longer attractive. Therefore it was jointly searched for modifications to regain a payload appeal that was attested in 2009. AMSAT-DL proposed landing part of the payload on Mars moon Deimos or Phobos. Our calculations showed that this is feasible with reasonable effort. The landing would be a particularly unique feature of the P5 mission.

After repeated enquiries we received a letter from DLR at end of June where they stated that "the DLR Program Board comes to the conclusion, that pursuit of the P5 idea is infeasible and also financially infeasible."

We repeatedly approached the DLR Program Board since then. The assertion was that any P5 mission will not fly with DLR: the scientific attraction was, compared with the current Mars missions, insufficient.

The primary reason for this is that the P5 MARS orbit is limited due to the low-cost character of the mission. From this orbit no attractive science is possible. Obviously our P5 mission is now compared with regular missions which cost hundreds of millions of Euro.

This rejection has a wide impact on AMSAT-DL. Activities of all involved persons, including in the P3-E project, was shaped for years by the P5 mission. It was assumed that P3-E was to be launched as part of the P5 mission. This path is obstructed now.

We maintain our contacts with the various launching agencies able to launch P3-E into an appropriate orbit. The tremendous launching costs kept us from more concrete talks so far. Just recently good contact with AMSAT China (CAMSAT) was established. China has suitable launchers to bring payloads into GTO. Moreover, China has discovered that amateur radio is a means of motivating young people to technical university studies.

Furthermore we are very actively exploiting a potential shared ride of an amateur radio payload on a new geostationary satellite. We have already submitted a formal project proposal. The satellite will be visible from Europe. No antenna tracking will be necessary. The big advantage of this project is that due to the operational requirements of the primary payload, our launching and commissioning is tied to the not too far future.

The 20m dish antenna at Bochum was originally refurbished and upgraded for the P5 mission and is presently used for Deep Space Mission and amateur radio purposes. The automatic reception of the STEREO probes and data transfer to NASA will continue. In collaboration with NASA and AMSAT-DL the modulation scheme will be changed to use Turbo coding. Both hardware and software is currently being designed by AMSAT-DL and will be used by the partner STEREO receiving stations worldwide. Our funding application is already approved. The project funding runs until the end of 2015.

The AMSAT-DL Marburg lab will be preserved at least in medium term to be able to do work on P3-E and, should the situation arise, on the transponder of the mentioned geostationary satellite.

We pursue a near-term meeting with all P5 project team members to identify ways for a project continuation. The necessary procedures should be coordinated then.

Although we regret the DLR refusal of the P5 project (particularly because some DLR payload will not fly in any foreseeable time frame), and although it places serious challenges to AMSAT-DL, this is not the cancellation of a HEO amateur radio satellite. We will aggressively follow up all potential possibilities. We hope to be able to report positively at the AMSAT-DL AGM in autumn.

Since the Marburg University's withdrawal from the ZEL, the surrounding conditions have changed significantly, again. However, we will do everything we can do to get an amateur satellite launched into HEO. We do trust in our volunteers and members.

The AMSAT-DL BOD:

Peter Glzow
Hartmut Psler
Michael R. Lengrsser

----------(日本語訳)---------- DLRがP5-/Mascot-2プロジェクトを却下

AMSAT-DL,会員および友人のみなさまへ

BMWI(Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology)およびDLR(ドイツ航空 宇宙局)との議論は、5年以上も続いています。その他にも、State Secretary for Space and Aerospace のHinze氏、DLR会長のWrner教授、DLR Program Board.などとも会合を持ちました。2009年にAMSAT-DLはDLR Institute for Space Systems in Bremenと共同で、同時に二つの複雑な技術上の検討を行いま した。2010年両者は共同で、DLR program board in Kln-Porzに対しプレゼン テーションを行いました。その最終報告書では、月および火星へのP5プロジェク トの実現可能性が示されました。

2011年の10月と11月には、DLR の会長. Wrner教授、BMW Ministry指導者 Engelhard氏、DLR IRS Bremenの代表者、AMSAT-DL BODとの会議が開催されまし た。トピックスは、実現可能性と資金モデルでした。会議で、BMWIはDLRのペイ ロードに関して異なった認識をしていたこ とが判明しました。DLRは、ペイロー ドを再考するよう要請されました。AMSAT-DL BODとIRS Bremenは共に、「ポシ ティブ」な感触を得て会議を終えました。

2009年の共同研究が完了後、P5の科学ミッションが明らかにもはや魅力的ではな いことが明らかになりました。そこで、ペイロードが再度アピー ルできるよ う、共同でミッションが見直されました。AMSAT-DLはペイロードの一部が火星の 衛星、ディモスまたはフォボスへ着陸することを提 案しました。我々が計算し たところ、必要な改善によって実現可能なことが判りました。着陸は、P5ミッ ションのまさにユニークな成果となるはずで した。

何度も問合せたあげく、今年6月末になって、「DLR Program Boardは、P5のアイ デアは実現可能でなく、資金的にも実現可能でないとの結論に達した」との手紙 を受け取りました。

それ以来何度もDLR Program Boardと接触を試みています。その結果、現在のい くつもの火星ミッションと比較して科学的魅力にとぼしいから、どのようなP5 ミッションもDLRでは 飛行させるつもりはない、ということが判明しました。

その主たる理由は、ミッションの低コストという性格上、P5_MARSの軌道が制限 されているから、ということです。そんな軌道では魅力的な科学 ミッションは 不可能だ、というのです。我々のP5ミッションは今や、何億ユーロも費用のかか る通常のミッションと同等に比較されていることは明ら かです。

この却下は、AMSAT-DLに大きな影響を与えます。すべての参加者の活動は、P3-E プロジェクトの活動も含め、長年にわたりP5ミッション を中心としてきまし た。P3-EはP5-Aミッションの一部として打ち上げられることを想定していまし た。この道筋は、いまや閉ざされてしまいま した。

我々は、P3-Eを適切な軌道へ打ち上げることの可能な、さまざまな打ち上げ機関 との接触を続けます。今までのところ、あまりにも高額な打ち上げ コストのた め、具体的な話には入れていません。最近AMSAT China (CAMSAT)と、良い会合が 持てました。中国はペイロードをGTOへ載せることのできる打上げロケットを所 有しており、アマチュア無線が若者の技術大 学での学習のモチベーションを上 げる良い手段であることを、中国は認識してきています。

さらに我々は、新しい静止軌道衛星にアマチュア無線ペイロードを相乗りさせる 可能性について、非常に積極的に動いていて、すでに正式な提案書を提 出して います。その衛星は、ヨーロッパが可視範囲で、アンテナを追跡する必要はあり ません。このプロジェクトの大きな利点は、主ペイロードの運用 への要請か ら、打ち上げおよび運用開始が、それほど遠くない将来とされていることです。

ボーフムの20mディッシュは元来、P5ミッションのために再建され、アップグ レードされてきました。現在は、深宇宙ミッションとアマチュア無線 用途に使 われています。STEREO (Solar TErrestrial RElations Observatory)探査機の自 動受信と、データのNASAへの自動送信は、継続されます。NASAとAMSAT-DLの共同 作業により、送信の変調 方式がTurboコードを用いるように変更されることに なっています。ハードウエアとソフトウエアがともにAMSAT-DLで設計されてい て、世 界中のSTEREO受信パートナー局によって使用されるはずです。申請した 予算は認可されていて、プロジェクト予算は2015年末まで、供給され ます。

MarburgのAMSAT-DLラボはP3-Eの作業ができるよう、また状況が進展すれば、静 止軌道衛星へのトランスポンダーの作業ができるよ う、少なくとも当面、維持 されます。

近いうちに、P5プロジェクトチームメンバーが会合を持ち、プロジェクト継続の 方策を明確にできることを、検討しています。必要な進め方は、その ときに調 整されます。

DLRがP5プロジェクトを却下したこと、とくに判明しているかぎり、将来的にDLR のペイロードが打ち上げられないということは、大変残念であ り、またAMSAT- DLに非常な困難を与えるものではありますが、HEOアマチュア通信衛星が断念さ れたわけではありません。我々は、あらゆる 可能性のある方策を積極的に追及 していきます。10月に開催されるAMSAT-DLの年次総会では、「ポジティブ」な報 告ができることを期待して います。

Marburg UniversityがZELから手を引いて以来の、大きな環境の変化を再度受け ています。しかしながら、我々はアマチュア通信衛星をHEOに打ち上げら れるよ う、あらゆることをするつもりです。我々のボランティアと会員の皆様のさらな る力添えをお願いします。

AMSAT-DL 理事会:

Peter Glzow DB2OS
Hartmut Psler DL1YDD
Michael R. Lengrsser DD5ER