[jamsat-bb:4082] Re: MIR SSTV

 MIRのSSTVの運用は主に週末に行なうようです。当初はPMSとSSTVの併用を考
えていたようですが、電源とスペースの都合でPMSとSSTVを切り替えて運用する
ことになりました。切り替えはMIRの乗員が行なうため、週末に切り替えが行な
われないこともあるそうです。
 (以上、jamsat-sarex(sarex@amsat) MLからの要約です。原文は文末に添付
します)

 くまの人形の画像は、JAMSAT webサイトのMIRの画像ページからリンクが張っ
てある米国のサイトにあったように記憶しています。

 現在は、MIRからの画像を受信するだけですが、地上からMIRへSSTVでアップ
リンクすることもでき、MIRで受信した画像をMIRから送信することも計画され
ているようです。昨年末、アップリンクに成功した旨のメールがamsatに流れ
ていました(注:常時MIRで受信体制になっているわけではありませんので無
闇にSSTVでアップリンクしないで下さい)。

 MIRは、今年廃棄の予定でしたが、3年間延命が決まったようです。
 (ANS-010より)

JN1GKZ 新井
   jn1gkz@jamsat.or.jp     http://www.din.or.jp/~m-arai/

From: "Miles Mann" <Miles_Mann@pictel.com>
To: "jmramade" <jmramade@infonie.fr>
Cc: sarex@AMSAT.Org
Date: Sat, 9 Jan 1999 20:29:59 -0500
Subject: [jamsat-sarex:4008] SSTV on MIR

MAREX-NA is trying very hard to keep Amateur Radio Satellite Access
affordable, educational and Fun.

There are still a few groups that have been lobbying our Russian friends to
kill the project.
Fortunately all attempts to kill the project have failed.

The Packet and SSTV systems were designed to run simultaneously on separate
bands.
With little or no crew involvement, besides moving the camera every few
days.
At least that was the original plan.

However, plans change and we have two limitations we have to accept at this
time:
1. The power supply options did work out as planed, so we are limited to
running one project at
a time.
2. Also, there is limited available rack space  for equipment this year.
The only antenna port we can get
access to at this time, is a filtered antenna port, which will only pass
2-meters.

Because of the two changes, the PMS and the SSTV project will share one
power supply, share one antenna
and only one can be active at a time.  Only one frequency is required since
only one project will be active
at a time.  The current frequency for Both projects  will be 145.985 FM
Simplex.

Note:  We are working on different antenna configurations and power supply
options.  It may be
a few months for work out some of the issues.

During my conversations with Energia last week, we are still planning on
running SSTV on weekends
when the crew has time to swap Coax cables.  Amateur Radio is not the crews
primary responsibility.
They do have many other tasks they must keep up with.  Amateur Radio is
officially an OFF-Hours task.
Which means, After the crew has completed all other work, and if they have
free time, they can experiment
with the Amateur Radio projects.
Last week I sent 4 images to the Mir crew, of pictures of their friends in
Moscow.  The crew immediately
recognized the images and I could tell by their voices, they were happy to
see the  images of
family and friends.  I am sure that as time permits, the SSTV will be more
active.

We are very pleased with the response from the schools and general public
around the world regarding the interest
in the SSTV project and are working hard to develop mutually compatible
schedules
and to resolve other issues.  Because of the success of the MAREX-NA Mir
SSTV project, you will see SSTV on
the International Space Station.

Miles MAREX-NA