[jamsat-news:3688] [ans] ANS-079 AMSAT News Service Special Bulletin

Frank Karnauskas via ANS ans @ amsat.org
2020年 3月 20日 (金) 01:02:44 JST

AMSAT NEWS SERVICE SPECIAL BULLETIN
ANS-079

The AMSAT News Service bulletins are a free, weekly news and infor-
mation service of AMSAT North America, The Radio Amateur Satellite
Corporation. ANS publishes news related to Amateur Radio in Space
including reports on the activities of a worldwide group of Amateur
Radio operators who share an active interest in designing, building,
launching and communicating through analog and digital Amateur Radio
satellites.

The news feed on http://www.amsat.org publishes news of Amateur
Radio in Space as soon as our volunteers can post it.

Please send any amateur satellite news or reports to:
ans-editor at amsat.org.

You can sign up for free e-mail delivery of the AMSAT News Service
Bulletins via the ANS List; to join this list see:

In this edition:

* AMSAT President Urges Members to Renew/Donate Now

SB SAT @ AMSAT $ANS-079
ANS-079 AMSAT News Service Special Bulletin

AMSAT News Service Bulletin 079.01
>From AMSAT HQ KENSINGTON, MD.
DATE March 19, 2020
To All RADIO AMATEURS
BID: $ANS-079.01

AMSAT President Urges Members to Renew/Donate Now

AMSAT President Clayton Coleman, W5PFG has put out a call for new and
renewing AMSAT members to act now and register online.

Coleman says, "All things considered, cancellation of Hamvention 2020
was the right thing to do and we recognize the difficult decision
that the Dayton Amateur Radio Association Executive Committee had to
make.

"The cancellation of Hamvention will have a dramatic effect on the
well-being of many vendors and associations that serve the Amateur
Radio community.  AMSAT is no exception.  Hamvention has always been
a major fund-raising tool for both recruiting and renewing members
as well as selling AMSAT branded merchandise, software, books and
antennas.  The loss of this important venue has the potential to
adversely affect the projects that AMSAT has underway already and
planned for the months and years ahead.

"This is a very exciting time for Amateur Radio in Space with the new
Interoperable Radio System for ARISS, the GOLF satellite program,
updating member services and launching our Youth Initiative.  It has
been many years since we have seen this kind of excitement and
interest in space communications.  We would hate to lose that
momentum and fall behind.

"I am asking everyone to act now and join or renew their AMSAT
membership NOW while it is on our minds.  Your immediate willingness
to act will help strengthen AMSAT and help ensure our mission of
'Keeping Amateur Radio in Space'.  There are membership
opportunities for everyone to consider:

- Basic Membership from $44
- Student Membership from $22
- Additional Household Memberships from $22
- School and Club Memberships from $80
- QRO Membership from $80
- Lifetime Membership $880 (or only $74/mo. For twelve months)"

Coleman also adds, "And, while you're at it, don't be afraid to kick
in a few extra dollars with a one-time or sustaining donation to
AMSAT's general operating fund.  Especially appreciated are those
Amateurs who can make an extra difference by contributing to the
President's Club with contributions of $120 or more.  Whatever you
can contribute, please understand that every dollar counts.

"Additionally, with Hamvention's cancellation, we lost the
opportunity to personally greet and thank all of AMSAT's membership
and to share our enthusiasm for the upcoming year.  Watch for
upcoming news on our plans and launches for 2020. We'll be talking
soon."

[ANS thanks Clayton Coleman, W5PFG, AMSAT President for
the above information]

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

   Memberships, both new and renewals, as well as can be made at:

                   https://www.amsat.org/shop

            For a limited time, AMSAT is making the
           "Getting Started With Amateur Satellites"
   book available for a limited time as a download with any paid
      new or renewal membership purchased via the AMSAT Store!

                   Make your online donations at:

                   https://www.amsat.org/donate

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

/EX

In addition to regular membership, AMSAT offers membership in the
President's Club. Members of the President's Club, as sustaining
donors to AMSAT Project Funds, will be eligible to receive
additional benefits. Application forms are available from the AMSAT
Office.

73 and Remember to help Keep Amateur Radio in Space,

This week's ANS Contributing Editor,

Frank Karnauskas, N1UW
n1uw at amsat dot org