[jamsat-news:3554] [ans] ANS-301 AMSAT News Service Weekly Bulletins

E.Mike McCardel via ANS ans @ amsat.org
2018年 10月 28日 (日) 09:36:41 JST

Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2018 17:00:16 -0700
Subject: ANS-301 AMSAT News Service Weekly Bulletins
AMSAT NEWS SERVICE
ANS-301

The AMSAT News Service bulletins are a free, weekly news and infor-
mation service of AMSAT North America, The Radio Amateur Satellite
Corporation. ANS publishes news related to Amateur Radio in Space
including reports on the activities of a worldwide group of Amateur
Radio operators who share an active interest in designing, building,
launching and communicating through analog and digital Amateur Radio
satellites.

The news feed on http://www.amsat.orgpublishes news of Amateur
Radio in Space as soon as our volunteers can post it.

Please send any amateur satellite news or reports to:
ans-editor at amsat.org.

You can sign up for free e-mail delivery of the AMSAT News Service
Bulletins via the ANS List; to join this list see:

In this edition:

* 2018 AMSAT Space Symposium Named in Honor of Bill Tynan, W3XO
* 2018 AMSAT Symposium Banquet Keynote Speaker Announced
* 2018 AMSAT Symposium & Banquet Ticket Sales End Noon EDT October 29
* 2018 AMSAT William A. Tynan W3XO Memorial Space Symposium Schedule
  of Events
* ARISS Joins NASA On-The-Air for a Special SSTV Event October 27-29
* ARISS Plan Under Consideration for NASA's Deep Space Gateway
  Program
* Phillipine Microsat with FM transponder to Launch October 29
* LO-94 Spacecraft Signal Decoded After Bouncing Off the Moon
* ESEO's Educational Story Continues
* SO-50 Distance Record Set
* Satellite Shorts From All Over

SB SAT @ AMSAT $ANS-301.01
ANS-301 AMSAT News Service Weekly Bulletins

AMSAT News Service Bulletin 301.01
 From AMSAT HQ KENSINGTON, MD.
DATE October 28, 2018
To All RADIO AMATEURS
BID: $ANS-301.01

2018 AMSAT Space Symposium Named in Honor of Bill Tynan, W3XO

AMSAT has announced that the 2018 AMSAT-NA 36th Annual Space
Symposium and General Meeting has been named in honor of Bill Tynan,
W3XO. Tynan, a founding director of AMSAT, passed away at the age of
91 earlier this year. A full obituary can be found on AMSAT's website
at https://www.amsat.org/bill-tynan-w3xo-sk/.

The 2018 AMSAT William A. Tynan W3XO Memorial Space Symposium will be
held November 2-4, 2018 at the U. S. Space and Rocket Center,
Huntsville, Alabama.

[ANS thanks the 2018 Symposium Committee for the above information]

2018 AMSAT Symposium Banquet Keynote Speaker Announced

We are pleased and excited to announce that the 2018 AMSAT William A.
Tynan W3XO Memorial Space Symposium Banquet keynote speaker this year
will be Justin Foley, a Systems Engineer at Jet Propulsion Lab-
oratory.

Justin became involved in the CubeSat program, building satellites,
as a student at Cal Poly in 2005. Upon graduation, he was hired by
Cal Poly to work launch integration full-time and has since worked
every P-POD launch, either as an integrator or operator. Justin
specialized in ground stations and mission operations, radio
licensing, interface control, range safety documentation and was one
of the primary operators for The Planetary Society’s LightSail
CubeSat.

In May of 2017, Justin transitioned from Cal Poly to the Jet
Propulsion Laboratory, working on the Mars 2020 rover as part of the
System Testbed Engineering group, specializing in instruments and
avionics, fault protection, telecom, and power.