[jamsat-news:3443] [ans] ANS-176 AMSAT News Service Weekly Bulletins

Lee McLamb ku4os @ cfl.rr.com
2017年 6月 25日 (日) 12:17:40 JST

AMSAT NEWS SERVICE
ANS-176

The AMSAT News Service bulletins are a free, weekly news and infor-
mation service of AMSAT North America, The Radio Amateur Satellite
Corporation. ANS publishes news related to Amateur Radio in Space
including reports on the activities of a worldwide group of Amateur
Radio operators who share an active interest in designing, building,
launching and communicating through analog and digital Amateur Radio
satellites.

The news feed on http://www.amsat.org publishes news of Amateur
Radio in Space as soon as our volunteers can post it.

Please send any amateur satellite news or reports to:
ans-editor at amsat.org.

In this edition:

* India Launches 40th PSLV With 31 Satellites On-board
* ARISS SSTV Commemorative Activity
* LilacSat-1 Designated LilacSat-OSCAR 90
* Amateurs Recover I-Inspire-2 Satellite
* SARL/AMSAT SA SDR Workshop To Be Held In August
* New Zealand’s KiwiSAT Update

SB SAT @ AMSAT $ANS-176.01
ANS-155 AMSAT News Service Weekly Bulletins

AMSAT News Service Bulletin 176.01
  From AMSAT HQ KENSINGTON, MD.
DATE June 25, 2017
To All RADIO AMATEURS
BID: $ANS-176.01

India Launches 40th PSLV With 31 Satellites On-board

An Indian mapping satellite and 30 other payloads vaulted into space Friday
aboard a Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle, arriving in an on-the-mark
orbit more
than 300 miles above Earth.

Launching on its 40th flight, the PSLV rocketed away from the Satish Dhawan
Space Center, a facility nestled on Sriharikota Island on India’s east
coast, at
0359 GMT Friday (11:59 p.m. EDT Thursday). The 144-foot-tall (44-meter)
launcher
thundered into a mostly sunny sky over the launch base, where liftoff
occurred
at 9:29 a.m. local time

The 1,570-pound (712-kilogram) Cartosat 2E satellite was the primary
passenger
on Friday’s launch, joining a fleet of Earth-imaging platforms built to feed
observations of cities, crops, natural disasters and other targets to Indian
civil and military authorities.

Cartosat 2E radioed ground controllers moments after separation from the
PSLV’s
fourth stage, and engineers confirmed it unfurled its solar panels as
planned.

The PSLV launch team confirmed the upper stage released another Indian
satellite
— NIUSAT — a few seconds after Cartosat 2E. Designed for agricultural
monitoring, NIUSAT is suitcase-sized satellite weighing about 33 pounds (15
kilograms) developed by students at Noorul Islam University in India’s Tamil
Nadu state.

Fifteen other satellites launched Friday also include amateur frequency
downlinks:

Max Valier Satellite  145.860 MHz
Venta 1               437.325 MHz
Pegasus               436.670 MHz
NUDTSat               436.270 MHz
VZLUSAT 1             437.240 MHz
DragSail-CubeSat      437.300 MHz, 2403 MHz, and 2405-2445 MHz
UCLSat                435.975 MHz
InflateSail           436.060 MHz
URSA MAIOR            435.950 MHz
LithuanicaSAT 2       437.265 MHz
SUCHAI 1              437.225 MHz
Aalto 1               437.220 MHz and 2402.00 MHz
Robusta 1B            437.325 MHz
D-Sat                 437.505 MHz
skCUBE                437.100 MHz and 2401 MHz

[ANS thanks SpaceFlightNow and the IARU for the above information]

ARISS SSTV Commemorative Activity

Special Slow Scan Television (SSTV) transmissions are expected to be
made from
the International Space Station on 145.800 MHz FM around the weekend of
July 15.

In commemoration of their 20th anniversary, the ARISS team is planning to
transmit a set of 12 SSTV images that capture the accomplishments of
ARISS over
that time.

The ARISS SSTV Blog says:

While still to be scheduled, we anticipate the SSTV operation to occur
around
the weekend of July 15.  We are planning for at least a 2 day operation,
but are
working for a potential longer operation. Note that all of this
tentative and
may change based on crew scheduling and ISS operations.

Starting with our first meeting in November 1996, our joint operations
on Mir,
becoming the first operational payload on ISS in November 2000 to our 1103rd
school contact (so far), ARISS’ accomplishments have been tremendous. We
have
touched the lives of many and inspired and educated countless students
to pursue
science, technology, engineering and math careers.

Please stay tuned as more details on our SSTV event will be communicated
in the
coming weeks.  Please spread the word.  And think about how you can get
students
in your area involved in capturing these images.  We would love to hear your
stories on how that goes.

[ANS thanks Frank, KA3HDO, for the above information]

LilacSat-1 Designated LilacSat-OSCAR 90

OSCAR Number Administrator Bill Tynan, W3XO, has announced that,
pursuant to a request submitted to the AMSAT Board of Directors, the
LilacSat-1 satellite has been assigned the designation LilacSat-OSCAR
90, or LO-90.

LilacSat-OSCAR 90 was designed and constructed by the Harbin Institute
of Technology in Harbin, China as part of the QB50 project to study
the lower thermosphere. It was carried aboard an Orbital-ATK Cygnus
cargo ship, which was launched to the International Space Station on
April 18, 2017, and deployed from the ISS on May 25, 2017.

LO-90 carries a voice transponder with a 145 MHz FM uplink and a 435
MHz digital voice downlink using the Codec2 open source voice codec as
well as a camera open for activation by amateur radio operators
worldwide.