[jamsat-news:3451] [ans] ANS-221 AMSAT News Service Special Bulletin - AMSAT-NA Elects Executive Vice President

Joe Spier wao @ vfr.net
2017年 8月 10日 (木) 06:18:01 JST

AMSAT NEWS SERVICE SPECIAL BULLETIN
ANS-221.01

The AMSAT News Service bulletins are a free, weekly news and infor-
mation service of AMSAT North America, The Radio Amateur Satellite
Corporation. ANS publishes news related to Amateur Radio in Space
including reports on the activities of a worldwide group of Amateur
Radio operators who share an active interest in designing, building,
launching and communicating through analog and digital Amateur Radio
satellites.

The news feed on http://www.amsat.org publishes news of Amateur
Radio in Space as soon as our volunteers can post it.

Please send any amateur satellite news or reports to:
ans-editor at amsat.org.

In this edition:

* AMSAT-NA Elects Executive Vice President

SB WED @ AMSAT $ANS-221.01
ANS-221 AMSAT News Service Special Bulletin

AMSAT News Service Bulletin 221.01
 >From AMSAT HQ KENSINGTON, MD.
DATE August 9, 2017
To All RADIO AMATEURS
BID: $ANS-221.01

AMSAT-NA Elects Executive Vice President

AMSAT-NA Vice President, Educational Relations, Joe Spier, K6WAO of
Reno, NV, has been elected by the AMSAT-NA Board of Directors as
Executive Vice President during a Board Meeting via a conference call
that took place on August 8, 2017. Joe's new duties will include
implementation of AMSAT-NA's Strategic Planning. He will continue in
his other duties as 2017 Space Symposium Chairman, AMSAT News Service
Co-Editor, ARISS-NA Education, and Educational Relations until new
personnel can be appointed or the task assigned is completed.

Under the AMSAT ByLaws, the position of Executive Vice President is
one of seven senior officer positions that are approved by the AMSAT
Board of Directors.

Included in the ByLaw stated duties, “the Executive Vice President
shall act in the place of the President in the President's absence,
and shall have such other duties as the Board may determine.”
[Bylaws, Article II, Section 5B].

In addition, the Executive VP is assigned the responsibility of AMSAT
External Relations team leader and as acting director of any team
leader position that is not filled.

Joe is a Life Member of AMSAT-NA and has served in Educational
Relations during the past six years. He also has Life Memberships in
the ARRL, SARA (Society of Amateur Radio Astronomers) and the AFA
(Air Force Association). He holds an Extra Class license as well
Commercial licenses.

AMSAT-NA President, Barry Baines, WD4ASW said, “I extend my
congratulations to Joe on his new position of leadership in AMSAT-NA.
As EVP, he will be working closely with me on a variety of matters
involving various AMSAT departments as we move forward on our
strategic planning process as well as day-to-day management of the
organization.  Joe’s dedication to the strategic planning process
will enhance the future of AMSAT-NA.”

[ANS thanks the AMSAT-NA BOD for the above information]