[jamsat-news:3317] [ans] ANS-281 AMSAT News Service Special Bulletin - AO-85 OSCAR Number Assigned for Fox-1A

Joseph Spier wao @ vfr.net
2015年 10月 9日 (金) 15:40:04 JST

AMSAT NEWS SERVICE SPECIAL BULLETIN
ANS-281
The AMSAT News Service bulletins are a free, weekly news and infor-
mation service of AMSAT North America, The Radio Amateur Satellite
Corporation. ANS publishes news related to Amateur Radio in Space
including reports on the activities of a worldwide group of Amateur
Radio operators who share an active interest in designing, building,
launching and communicating through analog and digital Amateur Radio
satellites.

The news feed on http://www.amsat.org publishes news of Amateur
Radio in Space as soon as our volunteers can post it.

Please send any amateur satellite news or reports to:
ans-editor at amsat.org.

In this edition:

* AO-85 OSCAR Number Assigned for Fox-1A

SB SAT @ AMSAT $ANS-281.01
ANS-281 AMSAT News Service Special Bulletin

AMSAT News Service Bulletin 281.01
 >From AMSAT HQ KENSINGTON, MD.
DATE October 8, 2015
To All RADIO AMATEURS
BID: $ANS-281.01

AO-85 OSCAR Number Assigned for Fox-1A

Willian (Bill) Tynan, W3XO, AMSAT-NA OSCAR Number Administrator has
issued the
following release:

I have been informed of the successful launch today, October 8, 2015 of the
AMSAT-NA-built Fox-1A CubeSat. I am also informed that the satellite has
been
heard by several amateurs in various countries.

This successful launch comes after years of diligent and dedicated work
on the
part of AMSAT-NA volunteers including Tony Momteiro, AA2TX, who became a
silent
key in March, 2014.  It was Tony who spearheaded and guided the work on all
AMSAT-NA CubeSats until his untimely passing. Thus, it is only fitting that
this spacecraft be dedicated to his memory.

Following Tony’s death, the work of completing and preparing for launch fell
to Jerry Buxton, W0JY, who took over Tony’s post of AMSAT-NA’s Vice
President
for Engineering and saw to Fox-1A’s successful completion and its
preparation
for launch.

All of those who had a part in designing, constructing and testing
Fox-1A and
its various subsystems are to be congratulated for jobs well done.

Since Fox-1A was properly coordinated through IARU as an Amateur Radio
satellite, has been successfully launched and its signals have been
received;
I, under the authority vested in me by the AMSAT-NA President, do hereby
issue
to Fox-1A the designation AMSAT-OSCAR-85, or AO-85.

May AO-85 serve the radio amateurs of world for many years to come.

[ANS thanks Bill, W3XO, and AMSAT-NA for the above information]

/EX

In addition to regular membership, AMSAT offers membership in the
President's Club. Members of the President's Club, as sustaining
donors to AMSAT Project Funds, will be eligible to receive addi-
tional benefits. Application forms are available from the AMSAT
Office.

Primary and secondary school students are eligible for membership
at one-half the standard yearly rate. Post-secondary school students
enrolled in at least half time status shall be eligible for the stu-
dent rate for a maximum of 6 post-secondary years in this status.
Contact Martha at the AMSAT Office for additional student membership
information.

73,
This week's ANS Editor,
Joe Spier, K6WAO