[jamsat-news:1936] ANS-187.01 ECHO Progress Update - 05 July 2004

SB SAT @ AMSAT $ANS-187.01
ECHO Progress Update - 05 July 2004

AMSAT News Service Bulletin 187.01 From AMSAT HQ
SILVER SPRING, MD.  July 5, 2004
To All RADIO AMATEURS
BID: $ANS-187.01

The first sets of  Whole Orbit Data (WOD) from the satellite have been
collected and analysis is continuing.  Jim White, WD0E, says, "We have
looked at the WOD collected after we adjusted the solar panel set point to
what we determined would be close to the optimum point.  It resulted in
nearly double the peak power input from the panels on the following orbit."
Currently the solar panels are producing nearly 20W peak, 16W average in the
sun.  The WOD shows that ECHO's attitude motion is complex.  The torque rod
is
clearly magnetized with the polarity that has the -Z down in the northern
hemisphere.

The Command Team would like to thank everyone that has sent in ECHO
telemetry to date.  The data has already proven useful in the commissioning
effort.  A new web page is now available for submitting telemetry data. The
web page also includes options for retrieving and graphing archived
telemetry data.  The new ECHO telemetry archive web page is
http://www.coloradosatellite.com/echo

The TlmEcho program has an updated coefficients file available and version
1.03 will be available for downloading on 06 July 2004 from
http://www.amsat.org/amsat-new/echo/tlm_decode.php

[ANS thanks Jim, WD0E and Mike, KE4AZN for the above information]

/EX

----
Via the ans mailing list at AMSAT.ORG courtesy of AMSAT-NA.