[jamsat-news:1401] AMSAT Special Bulletin 361.02

SB SAT @ AMSAT $ANS-361.02
AMSAT SPECIAL BULLETIN

AMSAT NEWS SERVICE BULLETIN 361.02 FROM AMSAT HQ
SILVER SPRING, MD, DECEMBER 26, 2000
TO ALL RADIO AMATEURS
BID: $ANS-361.02

AMSAT-NA President Robin Haighton, VE3FRH, provided ANS with
the following statement regarding AO-40's recent S-band transmissions
on 2401.305 MHz:

The excellent news of contact with AO-40 through the L-band uplink
and S-band downlink has been received with joy and relief by AMSAT
members around the world. AMSAT-DL issued a bulletin giving the news
that everyone had hoped for on Christmas day, a fantastic gift to the
Amateur Radio community.

On behalf of the AMSAT-NA Board of Directors, I wish to congratulate
all those concerned in the recovery effort. While we all realize that this
is just the first step in many, without making this initial 2-way contact
with AO-40, recovery would not be possible. The recovery procedures
are a true team effort between Project Leader Karl Meinzer, DJ4ZC,
the command stations and the other members of the P3D/AO-40 team.

In conclusion, I wish the team continued success, and I am sure that all
of our thoughts are with them as they continue to work on behalf of
AMSAT members world wide.

73,

Robin Haighton, VE3FRH
President, AMSAT-NA

Stay tuned to ANS for additional bulletins from AMSAT, the
official source for information on AMSAT OSCAR-40.

[ANS thanks AMSAT-NA President Robin Haighton, VE3FRH,
for this information]

/EX

----
Via the ans mailing list at AMSAT.ORG courtesy of AMSAT-NA.