Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 21:31:04 +0000
From: Roy Welch <rdwelch@swbell.net>
Subject: [jamsat-amsat-bb:31301] WiSP correction
To: amsat-bb@amsat.org

Please correct my previous message announcing an update to the
WiSP module MSPE.
The version should have been stated 2.00l (letter L) instead of
2.00i.

73, Roy

Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 20:55:52 +0000
From: Roy Welch <rdwelch@swbell.net>
Subject: [jamsat-amsat-bb:31300] MSPE 2.00i
To: amsat-bb@amsat.org

Hi Fellows,

Chris has asked me to upload a new MSPE 2.00i module for WiSP32.
This version is designed to work with UO-36.  UO-36 has a power
budget problem and will turn itself off when not required.

This version of MSPE will send a turn on request which will turn
on the downlink when it is received by UO-36.  Once turned on,
UO-36 will transmit for approximately 15 minutes before turning
off again.  This is usually enough time to download between
one and two megabytes of data at 38,400bps. The uplink is at 9600bps.
The April 2000 QST magazine has a fine article on UO-36 written
by Stacey E. Mills, W4SM.

The turn on feature is automatic.  WiSP will transmit the turn on
request approximately every 45 seconds during a pass until UO-36
comes on the air.
Sometimes it will not come on due to a software override in the
satellite because of low power conditions.  This usually will
occur at night, but sometimes happens during the day also.

You must edit the Windows 95/98 Registry  to activate the turn on
feature. Please do not activate this feature unless you are
equipped to copy the 38400bps downlink of UO-36.

The Registry editing procedure is as follows:

1.  From the Start button select Run, enter REGEDIT and click OK.

2.  Highlight My Computer and backup your Registry by selecting
    REGISTRY, EXPORT REGISTRY FILE.  Name this export file and save
    it where you can get to it again in the event you do something
    to your Registry.  If you do not feel comfortable doing this,
    stop now and forget it until you can find someone who can do it
    for you.  If you mess up your Registry we will not have the
    pleasure of seeing you on the satellites for a while.

3.  Go to
    My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WiSP\Satellites\UO-36

4.  Highlight the UO-36 Key Word in the left pane of the window.

5.  In the top menu, click EDIT, NEW, DWORD VALUE.

6.  The name of the new DWORD VALUE should be changed to
    "Tx Request" without the quotes.

7.  Now with Tx Request highlighted, from the top menu select EDIT,
    MODIFY and enter a value of one (1) in the value entry space.
    Entering a zero again will turn off the automatic turn on feature.

8.  Close the Registry Editor.

Now every time MSPE opens with UO-36, it will automatically request
UO-36 to turn on.

This version will be posted on the AMSAT WiSP ftp site and on UO-22
and KO-25 as MSPE200i.zip.  Let me know if you have any questions.

73,
Roy -- W0SL

Name : JE9PEL/1 脇田
Mail : je9pel@jamsat.or.jp