[jamsat-bb:3612] Re: North Korea satellite launch?

On Fri, 4 Sep 1998, Jennifer Gruber/Eric Rosenberg wrote:

> This subject was much discussed on the Visual Observer's mailing
> list today.
>
> Consensus on that list is that no orbiting satellite was
> launched. The fact that OIG at NASA does not have any new
> objects cataloged (as of moments ago when I checked) would
> corroborate this conclusion.
>
> Eric W3DQ
> Washington, DC
> w3dq@amsat.org

Yeah, I checked the same list (as well as doing a launch search on the OIG
on-line catalog) of references, but as they're pretty much based on
NORAD tracking data, they'll have a new reference as soon as NORAD
checks it out. As they "saw" an ICBM test, they might not have noticed
that the booster left something in orbit. Before I give it a raspberry,
I think I'll give the Power That Be a week or so to take a second look....

Later,
Andy
WD9IYT

----