active interest in designing, building, launching and communicating
through analog and digital Amateur Radio satellites.

Please send any amateur satellite news or reports to:
ans-editor at amsat.org

In this edition:

* September 23 Last Day for Reduced Symposium Registration Rate
* 2012 Barry Goldwater Amateur Radio Award to Bill Tynan, W3XO
* AMSAT Awards
* Silent Key: John Beanland, G3BVU
* Official Statement of the AMSAT-DL BoD About P3E & P5
* CubeSat Deployment From ISS Set for September 27
* Dedicated University CubeSat Downlinks on the Table for ITU WRC-18
* BUAA-SAT 435/145 MHz FM Amateur Radio Satellite Planned for 2014
* ARISS Rolls on With Successful School Contacts
* NASA Offers Opportunity to Use Communications Testbed on ISS
* Satellite Shorts From All Over

SB SAT @ AMSAT $ANS-267.01
ANS-267 AMSAT News Service Weekly Bulletins

AMSAT News Service Bulletin 267.01
>From AMSAT HQ SILVER SPRING, MD.
September 23, 2012
To All RADIO AMATEURS
BID: $ANS-267.01

September 23 Last Day for Reduced Symposium Registration Rate

AMSAT announces the 2012 AMSAT Space Symposium will be held on
Friday, October 26th through Sunday, October 28th.

See the AMSAT Web Store to complete your on-line registration:
http://store.amsat.org/catalog/index.php?cPath=27

Symposium Registration including Proceedings
   o Through September 23, 2012:  $ 45.00
   o Starting September 24, 2012: $ 50.00
   o At the Door:                 $ 55.00

Downloadable paper registration forms in MS-Word format and
PDF format are available on the 2012 Symposium page:
http://www.amsat.org/amsat-new/symposium/2012/index.php

The Symposium Hotel is the Holiday Inn at Orlando-International
Airport is located one mile from the Orlando International Airport
(MCO). The AMSAT discount rate is $99 + taxes per night. The reser-
vation block code used when calling the hotel directly is AMT.

The hotel telephone number is 407-851-6400. The Symposium Committee
recommends you make reservations by calling the hotel directly rather
than through the Web. Cutoff date for reservations is Oct 6, 2012.
The direct link to the hotel web page is:
http://www.holidayinn.com/hotels/us/en/orlando/mcoap/hoteldetail

The Symposium Schedule web page has been updated with links to find