[jamsat-news:1470] AMSAT-NA April Presidents Letter

SB SAT @ AMSAT $ANS-120.01
PRESIDENTS LETTER

AMSAT NEWS SERVICE BULLETIN 120.01 FROM AMSAT HQ
SILVER SPRING, MD, APRIL 30, 2001
TO ALL RADIO AMATEURS
BID: $ANS-120.01

Several times each year ANS will feature information from AMSAT-NA
President Robin Haighton, VE3FRH. This feature is know as the
'President's Letter'. The following is the latest installment:

Dear AMSAT,

Dayton is nearly here, and I look forward to being there and renewing
many friendships and contacts. Certainly, one of the important things
about Dayton is to meet with suppliers and manufacturers to determine
the latest and greatest on the satellite scene, to learn what is coming
down the road and to advise our suppliers on our thoughts about the
next generation of satellites. In other words - to carry out particular
communications "one-on-one".

An equally important aspect is to see our members at the AMSAT booth
and to discuss their needs and ideas for AMSAT. So, with this in mind, I
am marking on my calendar specific times on each day at Dayton this
year to be present at - or near - the booth to meet as many AMSAT
members as I can and to hear your thoughts and ideas.

The schedule is as follows:

Friday, May 18		- 	10:00-11:30 am   and  2:00-3:00 pm
Saturday, May 19     	-	11:00 am -12:00  and  2:00-3:00 pm
Sunday, May 20      	-	10:00-11.00 am

In addition, I will be at the AMSAT Dinner at the Amber Rose Restaurant
on Friday evening and at the AMSAT Forum on Saturday morning
(8:30-10:00), but these are more formal occasions and not always
available for detailed discussions of your thoughts.

AMSAT is always looking for volunteers, people like you, who would
enjoy contributing to the hobby, and if you feel that there is something
within the AMSAT organization that you would enjoy doing, please let
me know when we meet.

AMSAT has all sorts of opportunities available, some involve aspects
which are not technical, but organizational, and we have a need for
those as well as the technical functions.

However, whether you wish to volunteer or not I look forward to seeing
you in Dayton!

73,

Robin Haighton, VE3FRH
President AMSAT-NA

     -Dan James-
Marvin Windows & Doors
           Tours & Training
                1-877-693-8687
----
Via the ans mailing list at AMSAT.ORG courtesy of AMSAT-NA.