[jamsat-bb:12644] Re: P5/4L4FN Operation QRT!!

 以下、KK5DO Bruceさんからもらった原文です。amsat-bbにも流れています。

 Edさんは、12月10日から2週間の休暇に入り中国に行く予定で、この時に機
材を運び出すそうです。この休暇は、予め決められていたもので、今回の運用
停止とは無関係のもの。休暇後は、再び平壌に戻り、仕事を続けるそうです。

PS. R&Rとは、rest and recreation の意味。

JN1GKZ 新井
   jn1gkz@jamsat.or.jp     http://www.ne.jp/asahi/m-arai/gkz/

Press Release for Immediate Distribution

P5/4L4FN QRT effective 2002 November 22

I just received word from Ed, P5/4L4FN that the unfortunate and worst possible
thing has just happened.

Friday evening, 2002 November 22, Ed was called into a meeting with the "Radio
Regulation Board" without any explanation, he was politely asked to quit all
transmissions and pack all his radio equipment. Saturday, he spent all day on
the roof disassemblying his antennas and packing boxes. At 2:30pm one of the
government officials came by, sealed all the boxes and when he leaves on
December 10 for his two weeks R&R he is to take everything with him out of the
country.

This really hits the ham communtity hard. I for one was looking forward to a
satellite contact on AO-40. I know that many of you were still awaiting your
first QSO.

Ed will keep all the equipment for his next duty station which will be another
really good spot. Any money received from now on will be donated to help
ZL1AMO's emergency air ambulance trip from Figi back home.

The logs should be 100% complete online by Monday. I will do up some stats of
the dxpedition as time permits in the next week.

73...bruce