Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 09:14:32 -0500
From: "Chris Bond" [Chris.Bond@oarcorp.com]
To: "'Chris Lewicki'" [chrisl@seds.org],
    "'M. Wakita'" [je9pel@jamsat.or.jp]
Cc: telemetry@seds.org,
    "'UA-SEDSAT'" [uasedsat@seds.org],
    "'SEDSAT'" [sedsat@seds.org]
Subject: RE: SEDSAT telemetry Apr 13,15

Chris, Mineo, et. al.,

  Sorry if anyone gets multiple copies of this... not sure who's on
which list anymore...

  Just thought I'd toss my 2 cents in on interpreting the SEDSAT data.
First of all, I continue to be amazed that she's made it this long,
considering she was only built for a 1 year mission, and even that
assumed some power management by the ground team.

  Now, about the SEASIS and CDS Boot flags... here's the interpretation
(This is represented in SGS20, also):

CDS Boot
0 - The last boot was a reset
1 - The last boot was due to a power cycle
2 - The last boot was the start of the mission

SEASIS Boot
0 - The SEASIS boot codes (From CDS) did not transfer properly
1 - The SEASIS boot codes were transfered by CDS, but CDS has not yet
    heard a response from SEASIS
2 - SEASIS booted normally
3 - SEASIS was not booted because CDS detected a reset or power cycle
    on last boot

So, we can expect CDS Boot to waffle between 0 and 1, depending on the
orbit conditions. We'll never see a 2, because I doubt the voltage will
ever be high enough on a power cycle for CDS to think it's the start of
a mission. For what it's worth to other satellite programs, this system
seems to work.

SEASIS boot should probably always be 3, because SEASIS is not booted
on power cycles or resets.  SEASIS controls the cameras and filter
wheels, and without an uplink is fairly useless. I probably should have
anticipated the scenario of no uplink at all and thought of a way to
get at least a single picture down, but hindsight is 20/20, after all.

Finally, let me say congratulations and thank you to Mineo, for
continuing to send us data.

-Chris Bond

Name : JE9PEL/1 脇田
Mail : je9pel@jamsat.or.jp