ひとつ気がかりなのは、OPALのバッテリの温度が60〜70℃も
あるそうで、これではバッテリの寿命がきわめて短くなって
しまうと懸念されています。

管制局での確認がまだでも、アマチュアがテレメトリを受信できれば
それでも証拠になります。ぜひワッチしてみてください。
ダウンリンクは 436.625 MHz です。

StenSatに関するWebはここです。
http://users.erols.com/hheidt/

Launch commands were sent to Opal during this last pass.
We have a potential confirmation of pico launch through
Opal telemetry.  However, download files were corrupted
so that confirmation is not official.  We will be checking
on the next pass here at Stanford.

Opal was kicking quite well and the contact was just about
perfect (except for the fact that we had "passall on/on"
which resulted in corrupted packets).  A quick look at some
of the telemetry indicates high battery temperatures...
60-70C.  These temps could result in battery failure in the
near future.

So, keep your eyese open for STENSAT and JAK.  I think
they are out there!

--Jamie
jwc@stanford.edu

PS...The tone was there at first and then disappeared.  Gotta
like this 150foot dish.

----